|History repeats itself.|
A. Uberti Srl (better known simply as Uberti) is an Italian based manufacturer of replica firearms. Founded by Aldo Uberti in 1959, Uberti are best known for their high quality replicas of guns from the American Civil War and after.
Having a fondness for American Civil War firearms, many of which were either in museums of private collections, Aldo Uberti decided to begin manufacturing replicas in his home town of Gardone Val Trompia, Italy. The company's first break came during the following decade, when Italian film producer Sergio Leone visited the factory to obtain firearms for his Westerns. From this, Uberti would become a well known name in the world of replica firearms, being used in numerous films.
In the late 1980s, Beretta, whilst buying out most of their competitors, bought Uberti and began to use the company for parts. Beretta then sold Uberti to their subsidary Benelli, whose United States branch were given control. Today, Uberti are still owned by Benelli, and produce parts for other companies alongside their renowned line of replicas.
Uberti currently produce both parts and replica firearms for other companies and the general public.
Parts (mainly for Beretta, Taurus and Cimarron Firearms)
- Black Powder Revolvers
- Cartridge Revolvers
- Cartridge Rifles
- Uberti products have been used in a number of films, including:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 http://www.uberti.com/history
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Wilson, Robert Lawrence, The Peacemakers: Arms and Adventure in the American West, (Chartwell Books: 2008)
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta
- ↑ http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Voyager#Springfield_1873_.22Trapdoor.22