The Magpul Personal Defense Rifle, or PDR, is a prototype bullpup rifle.
The PDR is a weapon by Magpul unveiled in 2006. While development may have halted as of 2011, it has garnered a bit of attention due to its space-age, futuristic look.
The PDR uses a short-stroke gas piston with a rotating bolt. It is a fully ambidextrous weapon.
The PDR-C (Compact) uses an FN P90-style pistol grip and ergonomics.
The PDR-D (Direct) uses a conventional pistol grip with a vertical grip, with an added safety nub to prevent users from injuring themselves.
- The PDR has appeared in a few videogames, notably the Battlefield series;
- Brink as the Bulpdaun SMG
- Battlefield 3 as the PDW-R
- Battlefield Play4Free as the PDW-R
- Ghost Recon: Future Soldier as the PDR-C