The CheyTac M200, also called the Intervention, is an advanced sniper rifle manufactured by Cheyenne Tactical. It is based on the EDM Arms Windrunner.
The CheyTac M200 was once available only to goverment purchasers. A purposely made less accurate variant (the M200 Civilian Intervention Version, CIV) was later developed and sold to civilian purchasers because Cheyenne Tactical believed the standard M200 was 'too accurate' for civilians and they reportedly 'did not want their incredible technology to fall into the wrong hands'.  However, Cheyenne Tactical stopped production of the CIV and the standard M200 is now available for civilan purchase because Cheyenne Tactical apparently realized that voluntarily supporting govermental supremacy is not a good business strategy. 
The first step in designing the M200 was creating the cartridge. Existing rounds, namely the .338 Lapua Magnum and the .50 BMG, were candidates, but eventually a new round was created, the .408 Chey Tac. Once the cartridge was designed, work was started on the rifle, which was built around the .408 Chey Tac cartridge. The rifle has an integral bipod, folding stock, and a seven-round removable magazine. The heavy fluted barrel is free-floated, and its rear part is enclosed in a tubular shroud, which serves as a mount for integral folding bipod and carrying handle. The bipod assembly of the M200 is more stable than that of the Windrunner, which is too close to the rifle's center of gravity. Cheyenne Tactical recommends the Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56mm scope as most compatible with its rifles and the .408 Chey Tac round. Lastly, the Advanced Ballistic Computer is used to determine the wind speed, elevation, and other factors, which is then transmitted to the rifle. The rifle is then able to be fired accurately at ranges of over two miles.
- M200 Carbine (no longer in production)
- M200 Civilian Intervention Version (no longer in production)
- The CheyTac M200 Intervention in .408 Chey Tac was the featured tactical rifle in the 2007 movie, Shooter, staring Mark Wahlberg.
- The CheyTac M200 Intervention in .408 Chey Tac appeared in the 2012 movie, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, used by Nadya to take out guards.
- The CheyTac M200 Intervention appeared in the video game, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It is the most used sniper rifle in the game.
- The CheyTac M200 Intervention appeared in the video game, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, in the Second Strike Downloadable Content.
- The CheyTac M200 Intervention appeared in the video game, Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2.
- The CheyTac M200 Intervention appears as the SRR-61 in the video game, Battlefield 4 as the last score based unlockable in the Recon class.